Last Updated July 25, 2007
Please note that any video, image, or other content posted onto the MaxMouth Sites becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this policy.
The Information MaxMouth Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to MaxMouth when choosing to participate in various activities on the MaxMouth Sites such as creating an account to be a Registered User, uploading videos, posting messages in our forums or in the video comments section, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the MaxMouth Sites, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. MaxMouth uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the MaxMouth Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the MaxMouth Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the MaxMouth Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
How MaxMouth Uses Information
- Any personally identifiable information is voluntarily provided to us. If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the MaxMouth Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the MaxMouth Sites and as otherwise described below.
- We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages to you. You have the ability to choose whether or not to receive these message through your user account that you create when you become a Registered User (or that you subsequently modify or update). We may also use your email address non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major MaxMouth Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the MaxMouth Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When MaxMouth Discloses Information
- From time to time we may share your profile information to carefully selected companies whose products and services may be of interest to you.
- We share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the MaxMouth Sites.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the MaxMouth Sites, in which case MaxMouth you may not be able to access all of the services MaxMouth has available to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
MaxMouth does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks . However, please note that if an advertiser asks MaxMouth to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement by clicking the ad, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the MaxMouth Sites that they collect by virtue of you clicking through on an ad,(such as the number of times you viewed an ad), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Our Commitment to Data Security
MaxMouth uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to MaxMouth and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, MaxMouth makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If MaxMouth learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you as required by law so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
To protect your privacy and security, we use industry standard security technologies and we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. You should contact us immediately at email@example.com if you believe your account information or your password has been compromised.
We Are Committed To Children’s' Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, MaxMouth does not knowingly collect or maintain any information on the MaxMouth Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the MaxMouth Sites at any time or in any manner. If MaxMouth learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the MaxMouth Sites without verified parental consent, then MaxMouth will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
If there is an Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that MaxMouth is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Please contact MaxMouth with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice using this contact form. http://www.maxmouth.com/contact.php